Possible use of Python for a voting machine demo project -- your feedback requested

Ulrich Petri ulope at gmx.de
Sun Jul 20 20:36:22 EDT 2003

"Paul Rubin" <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:7xk7acai97.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com...
> "Ulrich Petri" <ulope at gmx.de> writes:
> > "Alan Dechert" <adechert at earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:P9DSa.111436$Io.9552373 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> >
> > Sorry but why on earth you dont just print that on paper and let people
make
> > their crosses where they want?

< snip detailed explanation>

Thanks for explaining this to me.
But i wonder why you simply dont use paper and pens?

Here in germany we also have elections where more than one thing is voted
upon but if that is the case we have a seperate ballot for each of those
descisions and they all go into different "boxes" and are counted by
different people. To be honest i was quite shocked when i saw that ballot
mockup of the OP that was VERY confusing...

here is a sample of a normal ballot we use:
http://www.iwi-willendorf.de/wahlzettel.jpg

This one was from the election of the german bundestag (parliament)
Fore other things (like tax on soda ;) the ballots looke quite similar but
with only two or so options to choose from on them....

But i think this is going rather OT now :)

Ciao Ulrich