Static typing

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Sun Jul 27 18:21:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:23:26 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> Michael Muller wrote:
>> -  it is hard to guarantee that the documentation is in sync with the
>> code (if you change the type expectations of a function, you can do
>> so without changing the documented expectations)
>
> If your programmers don't care about keeping doc in sync, you're in
> trouble whatever the language.

If your programmers don't care about keeping block indentation in sync
with the logical structure, you're in trouble whatever the language.

Oh!  That's right, Python enforces block indentation be kept in sync
with the logical structure, because it's useful to do so whether or not
the programmer cares about it.

Programmers may care to a greater or lesser degree; the language can
help or hinder.

--
 \     "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."  -- |
  `\                              Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943 |