delete file

lamar_air lamar_air at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:43:02 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3F0EBFED.BB283660 at engcorp.com>...
> lamar_air wrote:
> >
> > Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3F0D962E.23DA9F59 at engcorp.com>...

> > > Close the files properly after unzipping them, perhaps?  If that
> > > doesn't help, please specify operating system, and give details
> > > on how you are unzipping.  Is it using Python's zipfile module,
> > > or some other method, and exactly how do you do it?
> >
> > I want to be able to delete a file on my C: drive through my python
> > script.  My script writes a file. So i want to delete the file if it
> > already exists then write it.  What's the best way to do this?
>
> Your question is still not clear, if it's the same as the original
> question.  Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> for assistance in formulating your questions a little better.
>
> The simplest answer is that if *you* are creating the files, you
> just open them with "w" mode (as in "f = open('filename', 'w')")
> and it will automatically truncate the file if it already exists.
>
> Hoping that helps,
> -Peter

I am using this remove method and it works well as long as the file is
there
os.remove("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Cgi-bin\output.txt")
If the file doesn't exist then i get an error that the file is not
found.  I want to stay away from using
f2=open('C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Cgi-bin\output.txt', 'w') so how can i
check if the file exists first?