how to compile python program to linux executable

Maurice bertvansesamstraat at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 06:33:03 EDT 2003

Gerhard Häring wrote:
 > Ruslan Spivak wrote:
 >
 >> Hello.
 >>
 >> Is it possible to convert python program to linux executable program?
 >> [...]
 >

 > You can make an executable that contains both your Python script and
 > modules and the interpreter runtime. It's called 'freezing'. The utility
 > for this is in the Python source distribution. There's also Gordon
 > McMillan's Installer that makes the process easier. He offers Linux and
 > Windows versions.
 >
 > Why would you want to do that? There's almost certainly a better
 > solution for your problem, *if* there is any problem in the first place.
 >
 > -- Gerhard

Hello,

I can have the same 'problem'.
I am currently developping a tool that uses other modules.
This tool I want to distribute to other people in my group which also
use Linux but that don't have installed the modules.
Is it then possible to pach all libraries and modules and so on into one
exec. and give this to someone else.
Or can I only do this when they have exactly the same Linux version.
Or is it only possible when they have installed the other progames
containing the modules.
The modules I'm thinking of is for example wxPyhton and/or VTK.

Maurice