www.python.org hacked?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Jul 14 16:22:11 EDT 2003

In article <3F12FA18.B04B400E at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

>Have we been hacked, or is this human error during maintenance?

Yes to both.  :-(  We were actually hacked a while ago, then failed to
do a complete cleanup.  When we got the disk full problem, I attempted
to update the main page so people would know what was going on; I
thought that vi was capable of managing the re-write inplace.  I was
wrong.  We're back on the air, with special thanks to Thomas Wouters for
interrupting his post-OSCON snooze.

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS