Reading an image file data.........

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 3 14:50:13 EDT 2003

Egor Bolonev wrote:

> Hello, Peter!
> You wrote  on Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:32:45 -0400:
>
> PH> Egor Bolonev wrote:
> ??>>
> ??>> [Sorry, skipped]
> PH>> That's twice I've seen you use this... what does it mean?
>
> It's a skipper plugin for Outlook E. I select a redundant text and press the
> Skip button.
> Should I change a label?
>
> http://www.fidolook.com/

I'd suggest either the "[some text omitted]" variant shown in the FAQ,
or perhaps merely "[snipped]" or (worse, I think) "[skipped]".  At least
remove the "Sorry," part since it is the primary cause of the confusion
in the first place, but perhaps more importantly, don't leave the
message in at all if you are snipping an entire section and
surrounding the "Sorry, skipped" message with your own text: it makes
it look like you typed the words yourself, and that's the most confusing
part of all (to me). :-)

-Peter