AIFC (Python and audio files.)

Kelvin Chu kchu at elk.uvm.edu
Sun Jul 13 21:34:23 EDT 2003

Hello, Python Wizards...

I'm trying to use Python to write an aiff file.  I've used the aifc module
and I've set the parameters (# of channels, encoding rate, compression,
etc.)

What does raw audio data look like?  Is each word of the raw audio data a
frequency?  If I encode 440 for each of the frames, will I get concert A?

Thanks for any advice you can give on this subject.

Best,

-k

--
Kelvin Chu
Department of Physics, Cook Building, 82 University Place