Python vs. Perl vs. PHP?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Jul 31 04:36:16 EDT 2003

Fazer wrote:
> [...]  I am basically looking for a FAST
> alternative to PHP meaning the responce time is fast.  Do you think
> that Python with using the CGI module is a good solution?

No, CGI is not a good solution in this case, no matter what the language
(except those perverts who use something like C with dietlibc for this).

The base technology to make web requests fast in Python is something
like mod_python or a Python application server. On top of this I'd
recommend you use a Python web framework, of which there are numerous
ones. The hard part is to evaluate them and choose one.

FWIW I'm currently using Quixote running with mod_scgi against Apache,
mostly because I was fed up with the (lack of) Webware documentation,
which I tried first.

-- Gerhard