[OT] SCO is Going After End Users

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Jul 22 09:47:38 EDT 2003

>>> Paul Boddie wrote
> (Insert footage of an office in IBM's legal department: the camera
> pans upward from a stack of papers representing SCO's claims;
> hysterical laughter can be heard as the camera pans across to one of
> the lawyers; "I love this job!" he exclaims.)

It's gotta be a weird time to be in IBM's legal department. I think
it's safe to say that my opinion of "hurry up and just finish off the
desperate/pathetic attempts of SCO to extort money from the rest of the
world" is probably not uncommon. How often is it that people barrack for
IBM legal?

(Although, in this case, it's a bit of an open-and-shut case for me to
work out which side to support. I mean, look at all the good things
SCO's done for the computing community... there's XENIX, and SCO UNIX,
and... well, no, actually, they've done fuckall. Bye bye SCO, you won't
be missed.)