Business model for Open Source - advice wanted

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Jul 10 17:54:47 EDT 2003

Tim Churches wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 00:13, Frank Millman wrote:
>
>>I am busy developing an accounting package, using Python and wxPython,
>>together with PostgreSQL on a Unix platform or SQL Server on a Windows
>>platform.
>
> Excellent choice of tools - identical to those used by the GnuMed
> project (except for MS SQL Server - but note that PostgreSQL 7.4,
> expected to be production quality soon, will run natively under
> Windows). [...]

Unlikely. This is most likely to get postponed to later (version 7.5).
PITR also didn't made it for 7.4.

Apart from this nitpick I agree that the choice of tools is excellent.
They're my preferred ones as well.

FWIW building a Pg/Cygwin installer shouldn't be too much effort,
either. Basically just provide a trimmed down Cygwin.

Native win32 PostgreSQL versions are also available from third parties ...

-- Gerhard