file.close()

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jul 27 23:24:21 EDT 2003

Jeff Epler wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 04:31:19PM -0700, Erik Max Francis wrote:
>
> > You haven't
> > demonstrated a case where there actually is an I/O error that occurs
> > when .close gets called.
>
> What makes you believe that a Python file object's "close" can never
> error?
> "close" corresponds to the fclose() function of the C standard
> library,
> and the manpages have plenty to say on the subject (see below).

I never made any such claim.  I was simply countering someone _else_
making that claim, who used a Python session snippet to try to
demonstrate it, that they had demonstrated no such thing.  He simply
called the close method twice, which had gave no indication of what he
was looking for.

/  \ What do women want?
\__/  Sigmund Freud