ANN: mailbox_date_trimmer 1.0.1 -- Correct emails' date headers in a mailbox archive.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Sun Jul 27 15:52:58 EDT 2003

>    Improved documentation. Removed stdin pipe detection hack. Many
>    small date parsing errors found and fixed after running the
>    program over 500 MB of mailing list archives.

Just yesterday I ran the program over the python mail archives
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list). 215144 messages
in about 600MB, the program run for about 5 minutes, with the
python process never going over 2.5MB of RAM. Only 117 messages
were corrected, making the archive start the 2nd of april of 1999
and end, well, yesterday.

It would be nice if the maintainer could fix the archive and
regenerate the html pages, correcting spurious messages from the
years 2014, 2009 or 1955.

--
 Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. Thanks.