Beefing up socket.ssl(...)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 25 16:05:10 EDT 2003

    Ed> From looking at Modules/socketmodule.c in 2.2.2 and 2.2.3, it
    Ed> appears that only a tiny bit of support for SSL has been added.
    Ed> Specifically, unless I'm misunderstanding the operation of the code,
    Ed> there's no way to verify the certificate presented by a server.

Note that since 2.2.3 is just a bugfix release, you shouldn't expect any
increase in functionality.  I'm mildly surprised that you noticed any
functional changes between 2.2.2 and 2.2.3.

I suggest you take 2.3c2 out for a spin and see if it has more of the
features you're after.  (2.3final is due out by the end of the month.)  In
any case, if you have patches to submit, please use SourceForge and note
that any functional improvements will be targetted at 2.4 at this point.
You can find more about patch submission at the Patch Submission Guidelines
page:

     http://www.python.org/patches/

Thx,

Skip