Replacing rexec

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 17 17:43:22 EDT 2003

"Tim Gerla" <tgerla at outsourcefinancial.com> wrote in message
> (I apologize if I've dug up a long-dead horse,

It is perhaps one worth digging up about now (with 2.3 about out).

> but I haven't found any
> posts in the archive on this that really explain what I'm asking.)

The discussion of this issue was last fall and winter mostly on
PyDev - the development discussion list - and not on c.l.py.  Aahz +
Tim Peters have given a fair summary, but for more details, consult
the (bi)monthly summaries which Brett Cannon resumed last October
(available on python.org) and perhaps then the archives themselves.

Terry J. Reedy