Server Push

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 4 13:21:50 EDT 2003

John Bradbury wrote:
> I want to send updates from a long running cgi.  I have tried copying perl
> examples of server push and can not get them to work.
> Does anyone have an idiot proof example of a working server push or sending
> output in chunks in Python?

Check out: http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html

There are basically two ways to do this. Either use the
above mentioned "multipart response", which only seems to work on
certain browsers (confirmed on netscape and mozilla, IE doesn't seem
to work). The other method is just flushing your output and
continue to write more data... but this won't allow you to
'clear the page' in the client's browser (multipart repsonses will).

--Irmen