anything new on the ternary operator?

Mark Jackson mjackson at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 8 18:50:15 EDT 2003

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> the Middle East is certainly not in Europe at least according to
> classical authors, historians & geographers. Asia begins across the
> Hellespont so asiatic Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Palestine are not in Europe
> and neither is the Israeli territory. I suspect Israelis would prefer to
> be in America so that they wouldn't have to take part in the Eurovision
> song contest.

I'm sure there must be an opt-out clause for Eurovision contests - I
certainly don't recall Israeli teams competing in It's a Knockout /
Jeux Sans Frontieres back in 1977.

On the other hand as part of America they might have gotten roped into
Almost Anything Goes.

	It is necessary to be slightly underemployed if you want to
	do something significant.	- James D. Watson