A challenge to the ASCII proponents.

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue Jul 22 12:59:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:25:20 +0100, rumours say that Alan Kennedy
<alanmk at hotmail.com> might have written:

>It is also worth noting that your message and messages quoting it are
>the only hits that turn up in a Google Groups search using the
>original greek text as a search term: i.e. I go to Google Groups and
>paste in the greek letters.

If I may say it sideways, try searching for google for the french word
"càfe", as in "un càfe s'il vous plaît".  Wanna bet my message will be
the only one to be found? :)

(I'd lose that bet.  There would be two more posts, another one with the
word incorrectly written --but it's excusable judging on the newsgroup
name ;-) -- and one in swedish).

The word you should be looking for is 'gignw/skw', not 'gi/gnwskw'.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B3%CE%BD%CF%8E%CF%83%CE%BA%CF%89&btnG=Google+Search

(one huge line)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,