curses and use_default_colors()

Brian Victor bhv1 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 29 23:05:00 EDT 2003

Chris Reay wrote:
> Brian Victor <bhv1 at psu.edu> wrote in message
> news:<slrnbidnj4.koh.bhv1 at pa-steclge-u3-c3b-133.stcgpa.adelphia.net>...
>> I am attempting to write a curses-based program.  I would like to use
>> the default terminal background rather than a black one (a significant
>> difference with transluscent terminals, regardless of one's opinion of
>> them).
> I don't know how much this'll help, but my home-brewed curses TextApp
> class has a white-on-blue default, and TextApp.startWin() contains
> these lines (inter alia) ...
[snip]

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.  Getting a solid
background isn't a problem.  Getting a subtly textured background to
show through (or other windows on Mac) seems to be a bit tricker.

Still hoping someone will hop in with "just use this curses extension"
or "you can write a wrapper around that one function and integrate it
with python's curses like this."  But thanks for the input, anyway!

--
Brian