Guido.moves_to(California) ?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 16:17:36 EDT 2003

[Roman Suzi]
> Reading PythonDev I've just found this
>
> [Guido announced he has a new job]
>
> I was not very surprised to hear that, but I wonder if it means new
> licenses coming:

No, the Python Software Foundation holds current Python copyrights, and
current Python is distributed under the PSF license.  By design, the PSF is
a corporation independent of Guido's employer du jour.  His new employer
may, or may not, become a PSF member; if they do, they get one vote on PSF
member matters, same as any other PSF member; if they don't, they get no
vote on PSF member matters.  Python's license is a PSF matter (although,
strictly speaking, the license isn't up for a vote of PSF members, it's set
by the PSF's Board of Directors).