A possible bug in python threading/time module?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 5 14:08:36 EDT 2003

vm_usenet wrote:

> Right after I read Tim's recent post, I went to the python CVS and
> noted that Tim refered to me as an 'anonymous coward'. Well Tim, I
> just wanted to say that I appreciate you being part of the community,
> too.

See http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/ac.htm, definition #2.  This
is a fairly well-known term for someone who, like you, for some
strange reason does not want to use their name in discourse with
others (such as those who are helping them, hint, hint) online.

> I hope to see more mature people working on the Python project than
> Tim.

If you mean you want a greater number of mature people than just
Tim alone working on the Python project, then we can all agree and,
fortunately, that is the current situation.

If you meant something else, I suggest you learn more about Python
history and about those who have really made Python what it is before
you make comments of that nature.

-Peter