py2exe command line window problem

Prashant Singh prashsingh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 12:27:28 EDT 2003

I'm using py2exe to create a standalone executable from a Python
script, and I would like the script to run invisibly, i.e. without a
console window and without any interactive GUI. The script is a helper
app, which simply downloads and runs some other program.

I've tried passing the -w flag to the script, and I've also tried
renaming it with a .pyw extension, but when the executable is run an
empty console window opens with the title "C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe".
I've checked, and there are no print statements, which might cause
py2exe to assume it's still a console app.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
prashant.