Python vs PHP

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 10 05:49:20 EDT 2003

> Afanasiy wrote:
>> Python web development is fragmented.

> Ahem ... How os Python web development fragmented? Most of it probably
> takes place in the Zope world.

How about the fact if you want something simpler than Zope you cannot point
to a single framework and say use this one? I must admit that I haven't
actually worked with any of the web development kits. As a casual observer
and a (mostly) lurker in this news group web development does appear to be a
bit fragmented.

I agree this is the case in the Python GUI world too. However, at least I
get the impression that wxPython, PyQT and PyGtk all are reasonably good
choices. I don't think you can say that for web development. At least not
yet.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R (rganesan at debian dot org) | http://www.debian.org/~rganesan/
1024D/5D8C12EA, fingerprint F361 84F1 8D82 32E7 1832  6798 15E0 02BA 5D8C 12EA