Python vs. Perl vs. PHP?

Wilk wilkSPAM at OUTflibuste.net
Mon Jul 28 14:21:23 EDT 2003

faizan at jaredweb.com (Fazer) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am an avid user of PHP and I am just fooling around with Python for
> now.  I originally wanted to know which one is faster.  As in, works
> faster.  So far, I think PHP is the fastest for dynamic web-content.
> Am I wrong?

yes for two reasons, one relative, one more objective :

- you'll write cleaner and shorter programs with python, so more easy to
  optimize
- when you'll really need speed, you'll write standalone web-server with
  python, and so a lot more eficient and fast in high trafic.

I've rewrite my "high" trafic web site from php to python and gain 10x of
speed.

--
William Dode - http://flibuste.net