win32service problems

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 3 09:11:58 EDT 2003

Hello,

I created an NT service using win32service.  This service runs as a
particular user on the domain and accepts connections to run commands on
the server.  The service is working great on most of the servers I have,
but on one server it fails to start, with the following error message.

---
Error starting service: The service did not respond to the start or
control request in a timely fashion.
---

And I get the following dumped to the event logs...

---
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Twisted ClearCase Service
service to connect.
---
The Twisted ClearCase Service service failed to start due to the
following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.
---

However, when I install the service without specifying my domain level
user it starts fine.  Also when I start it in debug mode it works fine.
I checked the local policy settings to make sure the domain level user
has the same rights as he has on my other servers and there is no
difference.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?  Also, do you know of
anywhere I can look to get better debug info, or to debug using my domain
level user?

Thanks much.
-Justin