Mac OS X, Fink, Python, and web browser

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jul 17 13:50:00 EDT 2003

Joe Heafner <heafnerj at spam.vnet.net> writes:

> Don Hiatt <donhiatt at acm.org> wrote:
> > You can change your default web browser to Safari using the preferences
> > pane (under internet, I believe). If IDLE_fork uses the default browser
> > property then Safari should launch.
> >
> Hi.
> I just double checked and Safari is indeed my system default under System
> Preferences -> Internet -> Web. There's no mention of Safari in
> webbrowser.py though.

IIRC, webbrowser.py uses internet config on the mac, so you certainly
should get the default browser.  I've had trouble getting with
webrowser.py on Mac OS X before now, though, but I didn't dig.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics,
  because the stakes are so low.                      -- Wallace Sayre