Problem with MySQLdb on Mac OS X...

Peter Wilkinson pw-google at terlkin.org
Mon Jul 14 13:02:59 EDT 2003

"Michael S. Jessop" <candiazoo at mac.com> wrote in message news:<120720032321075007%candiazoo at mac.com>...
> [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
>    the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]
>
> I tried supplying host as well, same error.    :/   Something is hosed.
> I guess I could try reinstalling.  I really want to get this to work.
> I am trying to write a maintenance program for my wife, so she can
> remotely modify the database containing information about her artwork,
> distribution lists, etc.

I see exactly the same problem. My install is with MySQL and Python
both via Fink. Trying both 2.2 and 2.3 Python I get the same problem.

Trying to dig into it a little it looks as though the setup code isn't
populating some of the fields and methods and the error thrown shows
up because self.converter is set to None.

I'm going to try and figure this out but would be interested in any
insight others might have.

Peter.