mx.DateTime.Parser.DateFromString('crap')

Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Thu Jul 10 08:51:13 EDT 2003

This doesn't raise an exception but returns the current date. I know the
comment in the notes for the Parser submodule: "The Parser submodule ...
will try very hard to come up with a reasonable output given a valid
input." But this is no valid input, so I'd prefer an exception or at
least not a valid DateTime object.

I've got to parse a file where some lines contain months in the form
"Jul 2003", lots of lines contain no date at all (DateFromString returns
the current date again), and the first line with something that's
neither empty nor a valid month should end the processing.

Working on Windows I haven't got strptime.

No better way than checking explicitly for the content of the last line?

Thanks for any help,
Koczian

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek, Abt. Naturwiss.

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE