python.dll

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Jul 17 09:25:39 EDT 2003

Jacek Potrymajło wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about python installing. I try to install program which
> require Python 2.2.

Which software is this? If it requires Python, why isn't Python part of
the setup?

> I installed this version of python software, but when I
> try to install software which use Python I have an error - incorrect version
> of python.dll is installed. [...]

Is that the exact error message you get? If not, please tell us the
exact error message.

You wonder why I don't believe that this is the exact error message?
There is no such thing as a python.dll on Windows. The Python DLLs
always carry the major and minor version numbers, like python21.dll or
python22.dll.

-- Gerhard