time, calendar, datetime, etc

Christopher Koppler klapotec at chello.at
Thu Jul 31 23:45:44 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:49:28 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net>
wrote:

>The time module consists of thin wrappers around C's mish-mash of quirky,
>platform-dependent time manipulation functions.  We eventually want to
>pretend the time module never existed <0.9 wink>.  9-tuples are absurd.

No, it's reality that's absurd. C's mish-mash of quirky,
platform-dependent time manipulation stems from the fact that defining
a standard way of handling time is difficult when it's
1. subject to the platform designers interpretation of what is useful,
2. subject to politics and most severely,
3. subject to changes in nature.

Leap seconds!

--Christopher