A possible bug in python threading/time module?

vm_usenet vm_usenet at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 14:04:15 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3F071424.520DC852 at engcorp.com>...
> vm_usenet wrote:
> >
> > Right after I read Tim's recent post, I went to the python CVS and
> > noted that Tim refered to me as an 'anonymous coward'. Well Tim, I
> > just wanted to say that I appreciate you being part of the community,
> > too.
>
> See http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/ac.htm, definition #2.  This
> is a fairly well-known term for someone who, like you, for some
> strange reason does not want to use their name in discourse with
> others (such as those who are helping them, hint, hint) online.
>
> > I hope to see more mature people working on the Python project than
> > Tim.
>
> If you mean you want a greater number of mature people than just
> Tim alone working on the Python project, then we can all agree and,
> fortunately, that is the current situation.
>
> If you meant something else, I suggest you learn more about Python
> history and about those who have really made Python what it is before
> you make comments of that nature.
>
> -Peter

Ok, Ok...

I beg the forgiveness of everyone whom I insulted. I wasn't aware of
the
term 'Anonymous Coward' and so I interpreted it as an insult.

Tim - I'm sorry and I won't be making that mistake again.

And on that opportunity, I'd really like to admit that you indeed did
your work perfectly.

I love the Python language very much and I went through hell making my
organization adopt it as its formal prototyping and scripting
language.

Keep up the good work, everyone!