how best to handle httplib timeouts ?

Rich rich at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 30 22:41:23 EDT 2003

"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:87k79zx5q6.fsf at pobox.com...

[snip]

> 1. Get 2.3final (I don't know whether there was a bug fix, but I have
>    a vague recollection there was some sort of problem with timeouts
>    -- see the python-dev summaries and/or SF bug archive).

yes, this seems to have made the problem go away... I tried setting the
default timeout but it still acted flakey and would not connect, so, I
removed this and everything seems to be working, or at lest timing out
correctly.

2.3final also solved the "ImportError: No module named warnings" problem
with py2exe and I think this may have had something to do with it.

thanks,
rich.