Sample Web application

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Jul 10 15:23:41 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 02:47  PM, Ian Bicking wrote:
> These features do make it a little more complicated, but they solve
> particular problems, and reducing duplication would help us all.  All
> three protocols (mod_scgi, mod_skunkweb, and mod_webkit) do almost
> exactly the same thing.  And then there's FastCGI...

... and Zope's old mod_pcgi, and mod_lisp, and doubtless a mod_ruby or
two; this wheel has been reinvented many, many times.  Someone should
write a specification for the communication protocol (a protocol
simpler than FastCGI, which has a specification but is too complicated)
and then we can all use the same communication protocol.
Neil's spec for SCGI is at http://python.ca/nas/scgi/protocol.txt .

>> The Dulcinea package (http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/dulcinea/)
>> includes scripts for running multiple web sites on a machine
 >Which portions are you referring to?  None of the modules you describe
 >in the overview seem to apply.

This is the bin/site script.  See
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/dulcinea/doc/site-management.html
for some documentation.  (But it assumes that everything -- Apache,
site content, code -- live under /www, and changing that assumption
would be messy.)

--amk