Choosing the right framework

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Jul 17 06:02:46 EDT 2003

Carsten Gehling wrote:

> I like the ideas behind Zope. For instance the "long running process"
> feature that improve performance and retain scripts between requests, among
> other things. I do not, however, like the design of the management
> interface, it would not appeal to my customers. I'm not yet knowledgable
> enough about Zope, to know if this can be changed. Anyone who can elaborate?
> (MaxM don't answer "Plone"... ;-)

Have you thought about running Python under .asp ?? I have made a few
medium sized projects that way, and after aligning my methods to using
Python in combination with .asp it was quite good.

Another thing. If you find Plone to be too specific, you could just
plain cmf.

But it is quite easy to rewrite the interface of a Zope product.

Even though Zope and especially Plone are hard to get into they buy you
a lot of leverage. And you are competing with people who do know Zope/Plone.

regards Max M