Python and freeze (something odd)

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:39:36 EDT 2003

Aki Niimura wrote:

> I'm trying to "freeze" my script to a single executable file under
> Solaris using freeze. I have done such many times and it worked
> magically (until now).

> When I started the generated executable, I got the following:
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/email/Generator.py", line 44, in
> _is8bitstring

[Snip]

>     unicode(s, 'us-ascii')
> LookupError: unknown encoding: us-ascii

I think this might be related to a problem that existed in many
embedding situations. Check this bug on sourceforge

[663074]: codec registry and Python embedding problem
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=663074&group_id=5470&atid=105470

I had a similar problem with mod_python and python 2.2.2. I upgraded
to python 2.2.3, and the problem just went away.

So it's probably worth upgrading to 2.2.3, and see if that fixes the
problem?

HTH,

--
alan kennedy