Casting stones (was Re: Debugging Python ?)

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:43:14 EDT 2003

Aahz wrote:

> Top-posting is more annoying IMO.

Aahz,

I know that you champion the cause of stopping people from
top-posting, and I agree that bottom-posting a good thing.

However, there is a down side: it makes it impossible to get
meaningful summaries of a posters posting history on Google Groups.
For example, here is your own history of posts:-

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=author:aahz%40panix.com+

As you can see if you view that history, the summaries represented do
not contain what you actually said or wrote: they contain what other
people said, that you replied to. While this is generally not a
problem, you might find occasionally that it will appear, at the
summary level, that you said something that it is the precise opposite
of what you actually think or feel.

I don't have a solution, but I thought I would point out the problem.

regards,

--
alan kennedy