Solved: SQL2000 database vs python, using mssqldb and Pyro

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) Vincent.Raaijmakers at ge.com
Thu Jul 31 16:19:01 EDT 2003

Problem solved!!

Forgot to put the owner in front of the table name.
so: vincent.my_table instead of my_table.

Thanks guys!

-----Original Message-----
From: Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix)
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 2:47 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: SQL2000 database vs python, using mssqldb

First of all, thanks for all the help guys!

Until now, lots of install problems on all the recommended packages/modules.

For now, my best option was to make use of my existing Pyro framework (thanks Irmen!)
I already build a MSSQL (Pyro/server)service on the windows box using mssqldb.
My linux app will talk to this service.
This at least has been installed successful and my service can already connect to the database.

So far so good: Now, I can't find the API of MSSQL. Not on the website nor in the installed folders.
So, I tried to use the examples and only the connections seems successful.
When I try a select on a table, it tells me that the table name is an invalid object name.

Just tried a kind of a hello world example...

import mssqldb
import MSSQL
db = MSSQL.connect('my_db_server', 'user', 'password', 'my_database')
## so far, so good

c = db.cursor()
c.execute('select * from my_table')
## boom, error

c.fetchall()
c.nextset()

The ms sql enterprise manager shows me that the database and table is there.
Unfortunately, in python the error tells me: Invalid object name 'my_table'

Anyone with experience?
Where are the API's?

Vincent