funny slashdot quote regarding python 2.3 release

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 30 18:24:30 EDT 2003

John Hunter wrote:

> [...]

I don't know where that came from but that is most definately
not my email address...

> processing.  I found that the Numeric version was about 20% faster
> than the FORTRAN, in part because there were some inefficiencies in
> his hand coded FORTRAN routines.
>
> Which emphasizes that it's often better to use a well tested,
> optimized extension than to code it yourself in a compiled language.

If it's available, and can do the job, I agree 100% with you.
This will also, in the end, very likely result in a shorter
development time because you are not writing from scratch.

--Irmen