FCNTL module deprecation warning

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.imagination.com
Tue Jul 15 07:10:53 EDT 2003

Meyer, Tony enlightened us with:
> C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
> FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

Seems you're using windoze.

> It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
> the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

Windoze has a case insensitive filesystem, and thus it can't see the
difference between FCNTL and fcntl. Try removing the depricated FCNTL
from your harddisk, or rename it to FCNTL-dep.py.

Sybren