help with counter

Kevin@Cazabon.com kevin at cazabon.com
Mon Jan 6 19:51:51 EST 2003

IF your source files will always have a number in them like your example, it
should be easy.

1)  break the input filename into pieces so you can extract the number
(filename = string.split(filename, ".") would work for your example)

2)  get the number out of the resulting list:  (filenumber =
string.atoi(filename[1]) for your example)

3)  if the number is divisible by 3 evenly, don't write an output file (you
can add an offset if it's not the right file):  if (filenumber + offset) %3
== 0:  # skip this file

I hope that helps,

Kevin.

news:83oj1v8eb814lev3bgtfqjpnpha92des1s at 4ax.com...