Unicode error: ASCII encoding error. Ordinal not in range(128) ???

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Jan 7 22:06:25 EST 2003

Thomas Weholt wrote:

> I'm working with RSS/RDF-feeds and get the above mentioned error. How
> can I
> detect and/or avoid this error, when parsing/working with strings??

You get this error when you try to use a Unicode string as just a
normal, non-wide string, and the Unicode string contains non-ASCII
characters.  In this case there is no "right" way for it be handled; you
have to make a conscious choice of how you want the conversion done.

This is mentioned in the FAQ.

/  \ Nobody can reach me, nobody can touch me; it's a wonderful feeling.
\__/ Aaliyah
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.