Why doesn't JUMP_IF_FALSE do POP_TOP ?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Jan 13 12:19:27 EST 2003

[Bengt Richter]
> Has anyone taken a measure of exactly how "minor" it really would be?
>
> I.e., it should be simple to instrument ceval.c to extern link to
> a temp module with an integer array indexed by byte code value to
> increment for statistics. ...

Search the code base for uses of DYNAMIC_EXECUTION_PROFILE.  Facilities are
there for getting accounts of both single bytecode dynamic frequency, and of
bytecode pair dynamic frequency.

As to whether it's "minor" or not, of course it depends on the exact
programs you're measuring.  There's never been a good reason to believe this
one isn't minor <wink>.