PSP, XP, TDD and other methodologies for solitary programmers

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 2 16:02:30 EST 2003

    Brad> ... as I said in my previous post, I'm looking for test patterns
    Brad> suiteable for database backed "objects".

The largest problem I see to testing SQL database store/retrieve is that to
be confident in your test results you would have to actually execute SQL,
and standardized though it may be, different implementations have many
different, incompatible, extensions.  Perhaps if you constrain your SQL
sufficiently you can use Gadfly or sqlite as a test driver, but I suspect
that would either constraint your SQL too much or not provide very complete
coverage.

Skip