Novice question: Implementing COM Objects with Python

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Tue Jan 28 17:24:32 EST 2003

Rolfe <rolfedh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying the code (see further down) from Mark Hammonds Python
> Programming on Win32, page 68, and get the following error:
> What am I doing wrong?

It looks like missing "import pythocom (from....)" ...

You should uncomment the "_reg_clsid_.." line,
generate the GUID once,
( type 'import pyhtoncom' and 'print str(pythoncom.CreateGuid())'
  at the python command line)
and insert it in the code.

As far as I understand your code, you will get different
GUID's with each invokation, which makes no sense.

The 'print' makes no sense in the class definition.

Greetings, Uwe.

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about Computers,
uwe.schmitt at num.uni-sb.de      than astronomy is about telescopes. (Dijkstra)