Problems extending an abstract Java class in Jython.

Ged gedb at rushcoding.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 10:03:04 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm extending a class from the www.nakedobjects.org framework.

The class has one abstract method, with the following signature:

	public abstract void classSet(NakedClassList classes);

I'm overriding the class with the following:

class Run(nakedobjects.Exploration):
	def classSet(self, classes):
		classes.addClass(Project)
		classes.addClass(Employee)
		classes.addClass(Role)

However, when I run the code I get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "D:\gedbs\Java\nakedobject.jy", line 67, in ?
AttributeError: abstract method "classSet" not implemented

I've checked to ensure that theirs no overloading.  The classSet
function is only ever called from within the class itself in order to
populate the list.

Is there anything else I may have missed?

I'm using the following version of the Java VM:

java version "1.3.1_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_04-b02)

A call to sys.version_info returns:

(2, 1, 0, 'final', 0)