Memory leak in TableIO?

Mark Fardal fardal at corvus.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Jan 14 07:21:14 EST 2003

Hi,

I use Mike Miller's TableIO to read ascii tables, since it's very
fast.  However, I have noticed that when I use it repeatedly to read
large data files, it soaks up more and more memory (as shown with top)
and eventually crashes.  This is using TableIO v 1.7, Python 2.2 on
Red Hat linux.  Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
I glanced over the code in _tableio.c and didn't see anything
obviously wrong, but C extensions are probably beyond my competence.

thanks,
Mark Fardal