IDLE Python GUI

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Jan 25 11:24:19 EST 2003

[Christopher Culver]

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:18:56 -0500, Norm wrote:
> > Q.  What does the real Python community use for creating Python programs?

> Emacs.  I imagine most people here would say the same.

Without real statistics, which we do not have (so far that I know), I would
not be so assertive.  In the Unix world, `vi' is pretty popular as well.  In
the Microsoft world, I would presume that neither Emacs nor `vi' are so
popular, yet surely, both have their users.

Many editors, often listed and discussed here, are Python aware in one way
or another.  But what the "real" Python community prefers, I do not know,
whatever "real" means! :-)