Implicit lists

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 15:23:05 EST 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:

>It says that strings are to be treated as a list of 1.  Not sure what
>you mean by "excluded".  The OP also gave an example that did
>not meet his own specs (he went out of his way to treat _tuples_
>NOT as lists of one item).

Sorry. I was using the term 'list' in it's general sense, rather than
the Python definition. In other words, anything that is normally
represented by items seperated by commas. So Python lists and tuples
are in, str and unicode (and anything else normally represented by an
unbroken string of characters) are out.

I'm sure even that definition has holes but maybe it's clearer.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd