Dos calls in Python

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 13:58:18 EST 2003

Bill Walker wrote:
> Anyway to call dos interrupts from python? I would like to change to
> graphics screen mode and call the pixel plot routines in the BIOS to plot
> some graphs..

You'll need a DOS-based Python with a module (probably custom made) that gives
you access to such routines.  I used to maintain one, but stopped doing so a
few years ago (because I wasn't using a DOS- or Win9x-based machine anymore).
There are other, more recent DOS Pythons out there though; google for them.

Calling pixel plot routines from Python might not be a good idea though, unless
you don't care much about speed.

Cheers,

--
Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA=='))
# decode for email address ;-)