Python vs .Net

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Tue Jan 7 17:29:23 EST 2003

I'm not sure how .net is anything more then an attempt on MS' part to co-opt
xml technologies and at the same time more completely tie developers to it's
platform?

AFAICT, Visual Python was a technology demonstrator and not a serious
attempt to host Python on the .net runtime...

I would expect Microsoft to release a *nix .net framework shortly after the
perfection of porcine avionics :)

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA