Update:KOBRA - .NET for Python

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 23:29:51 EST 2003

> Look at Mark Hammond's .NET related project
> http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/dotnet/

Right, I was aware of Mark's white paper on the subject, and its conclusion that any
generally usable Python.NET would be a long way off. Chetan's library seems to strike a
good balance between keeping python pythonic still having transparent access to the
powerful classes in the .NET framework.

I think an OSI-licensed C# implementation of it would get a lot of attention from Mono
users as a scripting language for .NET components running on linux and *nix. I look
forward to using KOBRA as it matures.